kde default folders
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:50:08 +0100
I just notice that kde (the 10.0 one) uses defaults folder
directly at the user root (~), for example ~/.local and
~/.thumbnails

I find this specially odd because nobody knows from where
these folders come from and this can make collision with
others software. it makes it difficult to use alternate
partitions.

all the kde stuff should be in .kde, as usual.

(and on my disk .thumbnail do 640Mo :-()

is this feature normal, a carefully studied choice or what?

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net