Re: [SLE] Weather
  • From: Thomas G Land <tgland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 07:56:01 -0500
On 16 January 2006 05:30, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> Hi.
> I have just installed SuSE 10.0 in a box.
> As always I want to use the Weather.

Erik

I had the same problem. Would not run in panel or kontact.
Both are working now.

Panel applet

I edited the "weather_panelappletrc" file.
manually entered the 4 letter station code in "report_location="
After that i removed the applet from the panel and then reinstalled it.
Works fine.

kweather itself does not appear to hit any config files.

Kontact app

settings/configure summaryview ..I unchecked weather ..apply
settings/configure kontact/summary components ..I unchecked weather ..apply
closed kontact

reopend kontact re-checked weather in both config files, applied them.
closed kontact (don't really know if this is needed)
reopened kontact
it works

Sorry, this is not very efficient or professional but at least it works now
for me. Looks like we lost the "offline" option.

Tom