Re: [SLE] Menu font for Firefox
  • From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:49:31 +0000 (UTC)
On Friday 11 November 2005 7:41 pm, Felix Miata wrote:
> Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
>
> > On my (KDE) desktop, the Firefox browser shows up with a tiny font for the
> > top-line menu (File, Edit, View, etc.) The control for that font appears
> > be neither in Firefox itself nor in the KDE control center. I'm guessing
> > that it's somewhere in the X configuration. Can anyone tell me how to
make
> > that font bigger (or to change it to a different font)?
>
> In kinfocenter section X server, what is the reported DPI and screen
> resolution?

DPI is 97 x 92, screen size is 335mm x 283 mm, and that matches the physical
screen. Resolution is 1024 x 768.

I fixed the problem through the Gnome control center, which offers lots of
flexibility. The tiny font, according to Gcc, was 10 points; raising it to12
gave a reasonable result. My presumption is that whoever chose the 10 points
liked the way it looks.

Paul