Re: [SLE] MP3 playback broken (was SUSE 10 boxed edition broken)
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:04:04 +0000 (UTC)
On Sunday 27 November 2005 10:59, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Sun November 27 2005 10:33 am, Sunny wrote:
> > Strange, I even see the NVidia logo ... And ... by current I mean
> > the last one open. If there is another open session, it does not
> > restart X.
>
> that's probably why, I had another user logged in. If I had logged
> them out first it might have worked.
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
========

Doesn't matter Paul, no matter how many sessions/users are logged in at
the time. If you just close out a Gnome or KDE session back to the
login screen, that doesn't restart X! You have to close X down
completely, with either the init 3 or ctrl-alt-backspace, otherwise you
won't initialize the new KDE/gnome system files.

Lee

< Previous Next >