Re: [SLE] 'New' KDE file navigation Dialog
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:04:24 -0700
On Wednesday 19 October 2005 15:30, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> Is it only me that *totally hates* the new methods being used for file
> navigation in KDE apps?
>
> The one that presents you with choices of:

> Desktop
> Filesystem
>
> and then makes you click all over the place to try and figure out where
> you're at and where the stuff you're looking for is??
>
> I find it totally unintuitive, hardly user friendly, requires much more
> time to navigate, and in general is ugly.

Hmm.

I have the opposite reaction. In fact I just today nicked a little further
into the Wall o' Windows by mentioning the flexibility of the KDE open
dialog.

Take this image: http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/laptop_desktop5.jpg

It shows a KDE dialog. I have the regular stuff. In addition, I can add my own
favorites, as I did here with "My Projects." You can't do that in Windows.

My co-workers were amazed that KDE (Linux) could do this.

http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/ScreenShot175.jpg

By comparison, the Windows open dialog is a bit more limited. I can perform
many of the same functions, but the ability to customize is gone.

HTH!

--
kai
www.perfectreign.com

linux - genuine windows replacement part