Re: [SLE] Watching DVD on SuSE 10
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:06:39 +0100
If you really think that the people in a given country have any sway
where the 'elected' leaders are concerned your really do need to wake
up. Here in the UK I don't know anybody who voted phony Tony and his
cronies into power. I didn't but I did make use of my vote. Because
there were no candidates that I could even begin to give my vote to -
I take it very seriously by the way - I put a line through my ballot
paper and wrote 'please give me a proper choice of candidate'. That
paper has to be counted and noted. As for me doing something about
it... what? It's incredibly difficult to form a new political party
here in the UK. Oh, unless you have a very large pot of money to
carry you along for a few years. Not many people have that which is
where the bug businesses come in. The main political parties get
massive cash donations all the time so that they are 'friendly' to
business. So please, do not blame the people of either the US or the
UK. It most certainly is not us.
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street