Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.3 - Is it really that bad?
  • From: Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:08:55 +0100
On Monday 02 May 2005 19:39, Allen wrote:
> You have to remember, Novell is a big company with money, on the other
> hand, freely downloaded Linux distros, have no worries, they aren't
> companys and don't have to obide by the same rules so to speak.

I think you'll find that this is wrong. The only reasons they don't go after
free distros are 1) even by ruining the defendant, they wouldn't even recover
lawyer costs, and 2) the bad press would be very very bad.

Strange actually, how this is one of the few areas where bad publicity _is_
bad publicity. ("There's no such thing as bad publicity")

--
Steve Boddy