RE: [SLE] Problem with YOU
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <jgregw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:50:14 -0900
.
>This link will give some idea of what BackupEdge has for disaster
>recovery (RecoverEdge):

>http://www.microlite.com/BackupEDGE_Products/02_01_01_Crash_Recovery/02_01_
>01_crash_recovery.html

>Ken Schneider
>UNIX since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE since 1998

>* Only reply to the list please*
>
> "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably
> the day they start making vacuum cleaners." -Ernst Jan Plugge

This looks like it has everything that Window's ASR has (a fully automated
recovery) and then some. I'm going to take a look at this Storix software
that's already in the mail to me, but if I don't like what I see, I may give
this another look. It definitely looks like it would do what I'm looking
for. Do you know anything about Storix? My impression was that it had this
same type of automated recovery, but I may find out when I get it that it
doesn't.

Thanks,
Greg W