Re: [SLE] SUSE future
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:25:22 +0100
Op dinsdag 22 maart 2005 07:31, schreef Allen:
> This would be awesome, because I really don't like APT. I like Swaret but
> only for updates, apt-get I don't like all that well (The packages are
> either old as crap or they dont' have the ones I want, Free BSD's method
> however works wonders).

Do you refer to suse's apt, or apt in general. In case of suse it looks like
you have not checked the packages good enought as the packages in apt
repository for suse are just linked to the packages provided by suse. If
they are crap in the apt repository, they are in YOU as well....

Besides the packages provided by suse, the apt repository provided packages
from 3rd parties as well.

Please explain, why you dislike apt as it provides what you ask for. Just use
synaptic as a frontend.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless