wrong sub, s/b gmail invite, was: Re: [SLE] AOL
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:33:59 -0500
* Brad Bourn <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-01-04 09:54]:
> May be slightly off topic, however, I have gmail invites if anyone wants
> one....

Please be a little more considerate in your email composition. You
used a completely unrelated message/subject, top posted and quoted in
full.

I quote from the suse-linux-e-help boiler-plate message:

Q17. I was being polite and prefixed the subject of my off-topic posting

with '[OT]'. After posting it I received a nasty message about the
thread being blocked and that if I persist in trying to start
off-topic threads I'll be unsubscribed and blocked from
resubscribing. What's up with that?

A17. Sorry, we really have no choice. We've asked nicely over
the years for people to take their off-topic threads elsewhere in
the interest of keeping the messages per day on SLE under 200 and,
well, that just didn't work. We now have a list, suse-ot, that's
devoted solely to off-topic discussions. That's right, all
off-topic all the time. Email suse-ot-subscribe@xxxxxxxx to
subscribe.

Thank-you for your expected consideration.

HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos