Re: [SLE] You Have A Mail
  • From: rada and gus <rada_anr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:21:08 +0530
On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 09:09, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> Patrick Shanahan wrote:
>
> >To have root's
> >mail sent to you, edit /etc/aliases to have root's mail forwarded to
> >you. (but I do not know where to do it in YaST2)
> >
> yast2>Network Services>Mail Transfer Agent>Next>Next>Forward root's mail to

I've been following this thread and noticed that I have a funny problem
relating to receiving root's mail. I set this up on install, but
somehow never got around to seeing root's mail till I read the thread.

I now noticed that I received root's mail in /var/spool/mail/"my user
name".

In that file are included 19 messages mostly to root, but also 6
messages to my regular e-mail address! This address is a pop account
from which I download (using mozilla) via my local ISP.

The pop server is in the US and I am in India. How could these six
messages wind up in /var/spool/mail/my user ? Ordinarily my mail goes
directly into my inbox in mozilla (folders which are in
/home/myuser/.mozilla/~ . I am using Suse pro 9.1 with the packages
from the CD's and some YOU updates. I have not otherwise changed any
other packages.

This is really odd. Any ideas? Thanks, Gus.