Re: [SLE] Odd (to me) addressing question
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:53:11 -0500
* Danny Sauer <suse-linux-e.suselists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-21-04 16:45]:
> Picture a whole computer lab full of those keyboards. Then picture
> the students using them being 1) computer illiterate and 2) at a
> community college. Now picture the nightmare for the admin running
> those labs. "Sometimes the 'k' key types an 'l'", etc...

I have a dos/win3.1x pgm on floppy (hope its 3-1/2, not 5-1/4)
somewhere that can disable the *feature*. If you need it, I'll hunt
it up <grin>

> I hate those programmable Gateway keyboards. I'm gonna have bad
> dreams tonight, now. Thanks a lot. :)

You're welcome. At least I *have* accomplished something besides
raising my other-half's boiling point today. Sleep good :^)
HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos

< Previous Next >