Re: [SLE] Manipulating raw
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 00:07:26 +0200
On Friday 14 May 2004 00.00, Jerome Lyles wrote:
> I can't tell. In the terminal window the list is so long I can't scroll to
> the beginning.
> I tried:
> gimptool-2.0 --install rawphoto.c > gimp_tool_output
> but gimp_tool_output only contained one line:
<snip>
> no listing of the error messages on redirect.

Try

gimptool-2.0 --install rawphoto.c > gimp_tool_output 2>&1

Theory: every process has three default 'channels': standard input (channel
0), standard output (channel 1) and standard error (channel 2). The default
redirect > redirects only channel 1, standard output, but the error messages
are obviously printed on standard error. The above command says to redirect
channel 2 to the same place that channel 1 is going, in this case the log
file