Re: [SLE] LiveCD-9.1 not bootable?
  • From: Rick Green <rtgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 12:58:45 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 5 May 2004, Marshall Heartley wrote:

> Did you burn the .iso to the disc or did you tell the programs to burn
> the contents of the iso to the disc. Look at the CDs and see if you see
> either a .iso file or you see some files and directories.
When I mount the CD, I see the same tree of files and directories that I
get when I mount the .iso on the loop device.

> >ANybody else encountered this, or can pass me a clue?
>
> For a clue, look above. If you have just the .iso file on the cd, then
> you did the burn incorrectly. You can try and burn it from the command
> line. Like so cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=12 -eject -data <name of iso
> including the extension>. Substitute for the correct device, speed and
> name of image file on your system. I did burn a Live CD and it works
> very well for me here. I can't wait to get 9.1!

Here's the command I used, and has worked for the Knoppix .iso's:

cdrecord -dev 0,1,0 -v speed=8 LiveCD-9.1.iso

(According to the manpage, -data is the default).

--
Rick Green

-Benjamin Franklin