Re: [SLE] OO Installation Error
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:25:55 -0600

On Thursday 01 April 2004 10:21, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Thursday 01 April 2004 18.10, C Hamel wrote:
> > On Thursday 01 April 2004 00:23, Jim Westbrook wrote:
> > > Were you by any chance su'd from your usual login? If so, connection
> > >
> > > :0.0 is already in use. The only thing I've found to work is to run
> > >
> > > "xhost +" prior to calling su.
> > >
> > > JimW
> >
> > <SNIP>
> > I did finally get it installed... but I find it curious that their
> > installation instructions have to be so heavily edited where SuSE is
> > concerned.
>
> "heavily"? They forgot to mention how to get past X authentication. That is
> one item (which I don't fits anyone's definition of 'heavily') and it is
> exactly the same in any linux distribution except the ones that turn off
> authentication.
>
> BTW, another option besides 'sux' is to run "kdesu setup -net"
Yes... "heavily" ...when it is the difference between getting an installation
off the ground as opposed to just a minor glitch in an already under way
installation. :-) JMHO...
- --
...CH
Avoid doing business with 'The Link' ISP.
SuSE Is All U Need
Linux user# 313696
Linux box# 199365

< Previous Next >