Re: [SLE] UPS (power supply) and SuSE
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:30:46 +0000
linuxjim wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with running SuSE 8.2 with an Uninterruptible Power Supply? Does Suse recognize the unit? How do you set it up?
I fouund a reference to smartups in the help file, but can't find it on the distro disks.

Thanks,

Jim Flanagan

I have a Liebert GXT1000MT-230 and a GXT700MT-230 in use here. http://www.liebert.com for the packages and details of cable pinouts. There is a commandline tool and a GUI version, both work fine. They also gave me an additional free license, so I could control 2 PC's, I have to ask them again as I lost the hard drive with the license.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.