Re: [SLE] ADSL ISP in UK
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:25:45 +0000
> Does anybody have any recommendations or warnings about ADSL ISPs in the
> UK? I will also need (perhaps as part of the package) a mail address.

I'm with Pipex (www.xtreme.pipex.net) and use a Netgear router, service
is good, and they don't stop in-bound traffic, which is good as I host a
web server on it. They also seem pretty cool about Linux users,
although they don't explicitly support Linux. You get a mail address
from them as well.

The price is also very good, IIRC it's still under 25 quid per month,
including VAT for the 512/256 service, and not a lot more for the
1024/256 service. Static IPs are available at a small additional cost I
think, although as an early adopter, I have what they call a 'sticky'
IP, which means that strictly speaking it's dynamic, but hardly ever
changes (in the 2 years I've been with them, it's changed once - when
they changed the network block they were allocated from).
--
James Ogley, Webmaster, Rubber Turnip james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.rubberturnip.org.uk Jabber: riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx