Re: [SLE] Where to download KDE 3.2?
  • From: "Paul W. Abrahams" <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:42:05 -0500
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 7:19 pm, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 February 2004 01.17, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> > The ftp site has a large collection of packages. I wonder -- is there any
> > automated method for updating just those packages that I already have
> > installed from an earlier version of KDE?
>
> First method: install red carpet and let it upgrade for you. I just did, it
> was a one-click upgrade

Could you provide a pointer to red carpet?

> Second method: rpm -Fvh
> http://ftp.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2/SuSE/ix86/9.0/*.rpm

I tried that and got:

suillus:/home/pwa # rpm -Fvh http://ftp.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2/SuSE/
ix86/9.0/*.rpm
error: File not found by glob: http://ftp.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2/SuSE/
ix86/9.0/*.rpm

I suppose I could download the whole directory, but that would be pretty
wasteful, I'd think.

Paul Abrahams