Re: [SLE] Where to download KDE 3.2?
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:13:26 -0500
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 04:57 pm, Matt Jurcich wrote:
> Hey,
>
> A bit new to SuSE myself, but shouldn't they be pushing 3.2 and other
> new versions through YOU? Or is YOU used only for patches while users
> still have to go manually find and update to whole new versions?
>
> Thanks for any clarification on this.

I am only a user.... not an SuSE person, but my guess would be that YOU
updates are provided for security fixes and major other fixes only. YOU is
not there for major "Gee I wish I had the latest and greatest and if it
breaks everything I have I'm going to scream like hell" types of updates.

They don't have the time or the resources or the need to provide same.

> -m
>
> Michael Galloway wrote:
> >Hi Pieter!
> >
> >how about here:
> >
> >http://ftp.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2/SuSE/ix86/9.0/
> >
> >-- michael
> >
> >On Tue, 03 Feb 2004, Pieter Hulshoff wrote:
> >>Hello all,
> >>
> >>I've tried to download KDE 3.2 from ftp.suse.com, but keep on losing
> >>connection there, and none of the mirrors I've tried seems to have it.
> >> Anyone care to chip in on where this can be downloaded for SuSE 8.2?
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>
> >>Pieter Hulshoff

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 02/03/04 17:11 +
"Never try to teach a pig to sing: it wastes your time and annoys the pig."