Re: [SLE] Top posting and Outlook Express
  • From: Vince Littler <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:13:31 +0000
On Tuesday 27 January 2004 8:36 pm, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:

> OE may be a hideous abomination, but it still behooves us to assist OE
> users, who may have no choice in the matter, in participating usefully on
> this list.

Yes, the worst situation is a broken Linux, and every wish to use a Linux
program, but your only channel to help being Windows and OE.

I sort of hesitate to talk about strategy, but I do feel that a good strategy
is to get people to a place where their window$ and Linux coexist in peace on
the same pc and then let Linux build their confidence at their pace. For
myself, I had email on OS/2 [never on M$] and when I got Linux running, email
was the first thing I migrated, but I left it nearly a year before moving
anything else.

This approach worked for me, and I think we should accept being on the
receiving end of OE as part of the price of Linux evangelism.

Vince