Re: [SLE] Radeon 9200
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:58:52 -0400
On Friday 05 September 2003 09:58 pm, John wrote:
> On Friday 05 September 2003 13:27, BandiPat wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone is running the new Radeon 9200 card in
> > their machine and how did you get it configured?
>
> <snip>
>
> > Any help is welcomed to get this baby working with SuSE. It does
> > come up in VESA mode, but I was unable to get a full kde boot out
> > of it. From what little I have seen so far it appears quite speedy.
> > :o)
> >
> > Pat
>
> I just found out Radeon now has 'official' drivers for their cards
> in Linux. Go here:
>
> <http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/linux/radeon-linux.html?type=linu
>x&prodType=graphic&prod=productsLINUXdriver&submit.x=10&submit.y=9>
>
> John
================

Yep, got them earlier today John. Someone on the XFree86 list pointed
me to them and they are very nice. ATI seems to have put some work
into those things and when you get them kicking, man what a difference.
Windows open so fast it hurts your eyes and the 3D programs like Enemy
Territory, are the best! Poor old TuxRacer took a hit, but the others
I tried worked nicely.

Pat
--
--- KMail v1.5.3-2 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.2 ---
Registered Linux User #225206