Radeon 9200
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:27:34 -0400
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is running the new Radeon 9200 card in their
machine and how did you get it configured? This card is supported by
XFree86 4.3, but not by the presently installed SuSE version that comes
with 8.2! I am not sure about trying to compile the files needed from
the XFree86 folks either. From what info I was able to find, it didn't
look nor sound as simple as the standard ./configure, make, make
install process that we do with other source files.

Has SuSE updated their 4.3 recently? Who is the keeper of such things
for SuSE and might there be something in the "people" files?

Any help is welcomed to get this baby working with SuSE. It does come
up in VESA mode, but I was unable to get a full kde boot out of it.
From what little I have seen so far it appears quite speedy. :o)

Pat
--
--- KMail v1.5.3-2 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.2 ---
Registered Linux User #225206

< Previous Next >