Re: [SLE] XFree86 4.3.0/SuSEconfig Issues
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:32:40 +0100
* Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx> (Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:43:05AM -0800)
> * Curtis Rey (crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx) [030304 00:39]:
> ->Ya, I did what Anders suggested and it still hangs at the fonts config part.
> ->Can't boot to gui w/o fonts. It's really should be this way, especially since
> ->I got the nvidia drivers working in beta-1 for 82 with 3D. I used the
> ->4191.ul1.i586 packages and then sax2. I know I'd be fine if I could just get
> ->SuSeconfig to get past the fonts stage. Right now I'm using yast to rm the
> ->new xf86 files and reinstall the original ones.
> ->
> ->I hope they come up with a fix soon, this is extremely frustrating.
>
> Are you sure you removed *all* the cache files? Once I did this it
> indexed all 202M of fonts I have installed without issue.
>
> I'm thinking you missed a font cache file...give it another shot.
>
> Do this "find /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts -print | grep cache"
>
> This should show you all of them..delete every single one of them.

cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
rm */*cache*
worked just fine for me.

Now if only someone could tell me how to get NVidia working again
No GLX means Ill have to step back to 4.2.whatever

Kind regards,
--
Gerhard den Hollander Phone :+31-10.280.1515
Global IT Support manager Direct:+31-10.280.1539

This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.