  • From: Dmitry Melekhov <dm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:09:54 +0400
Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
On Fri, Nov 22, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

Legally: Don't know, but I know that it's definitely legal for us to

This is what I want to know.
Definitely, this is stupid situation- Suse's employeers don't know such
thing :-(

This is not a stupid situation. You only ask the wrong people. You cannot expect from technical stuff to give you legal advice. You
will not ask a motor mechanic to submit a case to a court for you,
will you? This mailing list is the wrong medium for such questions.

OK. May be you are right.
But here
this is list is described as
Discussions about SuSE Linux (english)
I'm talking about Suse Linux, not about something else, imho.

But I think that right place for _answer_ to my question is here:
But there is no answer :-(
And here there is no terms of PSDB using.

And even in SLES7 box (!) there is no license, no terms of maintenance web using!
( I just opened this box and looked into it).
License on CDs (COPYING) is
Version 2, June 1991

So I installed SLES7 from _one_ box to _4_ servers a year ago.
If Suse had right to revoke my PSDB account, where is document? :-/
Now, when we need next year maintenance, or, may be new UL based distribution
I need to know what to choose.

As I pointed before there is such info on SCO site:
SCO Linux 4 will be priced competitively on a per server basis.

Guess why I don't ask SCO about licensing? ;-)