Re: [SLE] suse 8.0 so how are we supposed to install rpms in a batch now yast1 is gone :(
  • From: Joost van der Lugt <jvdl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 09:01:55 -0700
* Erik Jakobsen <erik@xxxxxxxxxxx> [May 05. 2002 08:55]:
> > The subject was: Why did they remove yast1?
> > Here goes:
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> > Yes, it appears to work fine - at least the 'install packages' option
> > which I have tried with KDE3.
> > To install it you will have to move three links out of the way:
>

> I am not sure what you mean "out of the way" ????.
>
> What has to be done with the 3 files ?.
>
> > /sbin/yast
> > /sbin/YaST
> > /sbin/zast

mv /sbin/yast /sbin/yast.bak
mv /sbin/YaST /sbin/YaST.bak
mv /sbin/zast /sbin/zast.bak

now the rpm will install.

Note however that SuSE does as of yet not support this oficially, and
that all that I have tested is the option in:

Package Management --> Install packages

to install or update packages, not any other option to configure the
system.