Re: [SLE] suse 8.0 so how are we supposed to install rpms in a batch now yast1 is gone :(
  • From: Marcel Broekman <m.broek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 12:56:12 +0200
Op zaterdag 4 mei 2002 12:37, schreef dids:
> I tried installing the updates for kde3 and got seg fault errors
> using rpm -Uvh *.rpm
>
> and with kpackage you cant add multiple packages at once
>

> am I missing something really obvious with yast2, can you install new
> downloaded packages with it ?
>
> dids

Does rpm segfault with all packages or with a particular package? In the
first case there probably has gone something wrong with your rpm
install (or maybe you downloaded the packages as ascii?). In the second
case that particular package is corrupt. Try downloading it again.

And no, you're not missing something obvious. We are all missing
something that SuSE obviously missed creating the new Yast. ;-)
Please send your complaints about this to feedback@xxxxxxx

Cheers, Marcel