Openoffice woes (again, this time with OO 1.0)
  • From: Anders Dahlqvist <dahlqvist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 15:46:31 +0200
I posted something similar some weeks ago. I have exactly the same problems
with version 1.0. Judging from answers that I got to the previous posting it
is possible - and not more difficult than installing StarOffice - to install
OO under 7.3.
When I try to install (either logging in to X as root, using "sux" or "sudo")
and giving the command ./setup or ./setup -net is this:
The message "glibc: 2.2.4" in my terminal and immediately thereafter a
progress meter that's actually indicating something . Then the
progress meter dissapears and I get the prompt back some seconds later.

Stracing the process (strace -o /tmp/oostracefil sudo ./setup -net) gives me
128 ENOENT (No such file or directory) messages.
Also during "installation" the directory /tmp/sv001.tmp is created and also
deleted. This directory contains some of the files that are reported missing.

I have a fairly normal 7.3 setup: kernel 2.4.18 built from mantel sources, no
abnormal libraries (if you don' count some ximian-libraries that got
installed with apt-get before i deleted ximian from my sources-list).

Clues? Hints? Other failure-stories?

--
UNIX was half a billion (500000000) seconds old on
Tue Nov 5 00:53:20 1985 GMT (measuring since the time(2) epoch).

< Previous Next >