Re: [SLE] 7.2 -> 8 update problem
  • From: Nick Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:20:38 +0200
Okay,
I was getting all set, then I stopped dead in my tracks when I read the subject of this thread. SO I waited. I saw that comment from Suse customer support saying that upgrade from 7.2 (which I have) to 8 is not supported.

I guess the best thing to do is go out and buy another hard drive for my machine, snap it in, install 8 clean, copy over my old /etc/ directory and see if everything works. If yes, then I'm cool and I have a backup hard drive. If no, I save you nice people the trouble of reading increasingly pathetically desperate posts asking why my hoosit isn't working the way it used to.

Anyone know of a good place online to buy hard drives for HP notebooks?

Thanks,
nick