Re: [SLE] USB printer / scanner
On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 08:26, Chin Kwie Joe AJST (Armand) wrote:
> Hi, (...)

> Question:
> Is a multifunction a good option?

Hi Armand,

If you do not have a lot of spare which you want to deliberately waste,
then don't use a multifunction.
Wait until the SW (hpoj-0.8-23 at the moment) is really working, which
means at least 0.9.

I have an OfficeJet V30, it was comparatively cheap (EU$255.-, i.e.
499DEM back end of last year) and it works as copier and fax (color
too), I have a fat old SCSI scanner (Microtek X6) which works great with
xsane, and I can't print in the moment since the OJ is not willing to
work with Linux, at least not with a usb-ohci board. Might work better
with usb-uhci, though.
Just recently someone posted on this list that mf devices not even work
well on Windoze ... (no idea about that)

Cheers .... Wolfi

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at