Re: [SLE] USB printer / scanner
On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 08:26, Chin Kwie Joe AJST (Armand) wrote:
> Hi, (...)

> Question:
> Is a multifunction a good option?

Hi Armand,

If you do not have a lot of spare which you want to deliberately waste,
then don't use a multifunction.
NOT YET!!!
Wait until the SW (hpoj-0.8-23 at the moment) is really working, which
means at least 0.9.

I have an OfficeJet V30, it was comparatively cheap (EU$255.-, i.e.
499DEM back end of last year) and it works as copier and fax (color
too), I have a fat old SCSI scanner (Microtek X6) which works great with
xsane, and I can't print in the moment since the OJ is not willing to
work with Linux, at least not with a usb-ohci board. Might work better
with usb-uhci, though.
Just recently someone posted on this list that mf devices not even work
well on Windoze ... (no idea about that)

Cheers .... Wolfi