Re: [SLE] mozilla 0.9.6 -- plugins
  • From: FX Fraipont <fxf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 00:02:07 +0100
Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés wrote:

Hi:

I am having trouble to make mozilla 0.9.6 (I downloaded a tarball (11mb)
from mozilla.org) to handle java (for pages which over web chat, etc.)... It
is a precompiled version, you just untar and unzip it and then create an
alias or a link and it is ready to serve... but when I enter the pluggins
directory (/usr/local/mozilla/plugins) I only get :

libnullplugin.so

how do I manage to get full java and full flash support??

Thanks!

Raul

By far the easiest way is to use the Netscape download file

ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6.1/unix/linux22/xpi/

Download

Flash.xpi
jre.xpi

To a directory on your HD. Launch mozilla as root, file>open>the download directory;

Open jre.xpi for instance, you will be prompted for installation, and install starts.

Do this for both files, close mozilla, restart it , go to help> about plugins, and Java and flash with be there in all their glory.

Much easier than downloading and compiling from the Sun site.

Added benefit: next version of mozilla, just reinstall the two .xpi files, and bingo!

FX Fraipont

--
Courtesy of SuSE Linux

< Previous Next >