Re: [SLE] Jon's Opera Rant
On Tuesday 13 November 2001 08:36 pm, Jon Pennington wrote:
> --- Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In addition ..I would let you know Jon that Mozilla 0.9.5 has this
> > tabbed feature as well :P
>
> I haven't seen Oh-Nine-Five yet, but I was planning on playing with
> this a little tonight, too. It may come in handy, but I doubt it.

If the tabs bother you, don't worry, you can choose which way to open
a link, and a new instance of the program is the default. Opera's
new beta on Windows seems to be giving a choice, perhaps the
Linux version will too. I happen to think the tabbed bars are
tolerable, but sometimes I *need* a second instance of the program
running; and with a fast computer with lots of RAM and a decent
OS I don't have the swapping worries that led Opera to this
design. (It's one of the reasons that the Win3/9x versions of Opera
need only 6 megs of RAM, unlike almost every other application
on that platform.)