Re: [SLE] [OT] Linux for home Desktop.
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:13:29 -0700
->and don't tell me i'm just too dumb to use it
->a computer is a tool
->and like any other tool
->it should be easy to use
->linux is more powerful for its customisability
->but if i can't just download one program that scans my machine
->and grabs what i need off the web
->i'll keep my windows box thanks

Actually, I think you are quite intelligent and most likely know what
you need to get what you want done. You can keep your Windows box. No
one is trying to force you to use Linux. You can take it or leave it. I
hope as it matures you like it more and more. But for security reasons I
hope THERE IS NEVER a dependency on a "go get it for me .. tell me what
I should do " tool. Why do I say this..because the Windows Update
servers were infected with Code Red. And as so many have pointed out
that once Linux gets to be as popular as we would like..if someone just
lets a company or site dictate what should be installed. We shall fall
prey this type of risk as well..no thanks.

Enjoy your computers and use the tools that suit you best. :)

--
Ben Rosenberg mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
cat CE|ME|NT|XP > /dev/null

< Previous Next >