Re: [SLE] The Big Changeover and Bochs.
> I'd advise anyone who is concerned about stability to avoid Wine for now.
> Last time I looked, the website was full of warnings about Wine's
> experimental nature. I would take those warnings very seriously. There
> are also performance issues. If you're looking for something to play
> around with, Wine's fine. If you're looking for something to get real
> work done with, I'd avoid it.

Probably sound advice, but maybe some aren't quite that cautious. I run Lotus
Notes 5 under Wine (an April snapshot) and it works just about perfectly. My
current process has been running 6 days (which is an achievement for Notes
under Windows, let alone Wine!) and it's not so much as hiccupped.

I don't think Wine will ever be a serious contender for selling cross
platform software, but it is up to "getting real work done", at least in some
circumstances.

< Previous Next >