Re: [SLE] [OT] Legal Issues Type Question
  • From: Bernard Peek <Bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:25:51 +0100
In article <0105021244250F.00665@gladys>, Eddie Howson
<eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>There is a company, Simply Computers (http://www.simply.co.uk) who will not
>sell a computer without an operating system. However, they do not offer any
>Linux distos.

Except Caldera, Corel, SuSE and Red Hat.

> The only solution they offer is to buy MsDOS even if you are
>never going to use it. Is there anything that can be done or is there anyway
>that we can put pressure on the them to rethink their policy?

I've told Simply about this.

You can buy the machine and then refuse the MS license (note the part
where it says you can contact your supplier for a refund).

Simply is my supplier of choice for quite a lot of kit. I've bought
systems from them with Red Hat installed.

--
Bernard Peek
IT Manager, POSTAR Ltd.

< Previous Next >