[SLE] How to adjust Linux X server to run two bpp modes?

Hello Linux folkz,
I'm running some remote applications from Sun Solaris on Linux box.
Every time I have to switch Linux X server from 32 bpp to 8 bpp color depth
mode. Otherwise I'm getting this warning and remote application won't start.

*WARNING* Atr: Failed to find 8-plane PseudoColor visual

Is it possible to change some variables in /etc/XF86Config or
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers to run Linux X server with local applications in
default 32 bpp color mode and in the same time allow remote application use 8
bpp color mode without restarting X server? Could somebody please send me an
example of such configuration.
Many thanks to all.
Alex