Re: [opensuse-translation] .po editor on windows?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:34:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2009-06-20 at 06:03 +0300, Nick Shaforostoff wrote:

I assume that would need me to install kde for windows, too... I didn't
say this before, but the available computer is an old P-III with a 9 GiB
HD (about 2 GiB free). I can write few things there, and I'm not an admin
on XP, so my leeway is very limited. KDE for windows, though it would be
nice to try, seems to be more than what I dare to install there.
you can deselect most of the packages.
my KDE installation takes ~300 mb.
if i'm correct, then it doesn't require admin privileges, as it uses plain text
files for configuration.

Unfortunately, someone has blown the chances away. Someone has done something, via remote access: on Friday, there were about 2GiB free, today there were only 80 MiB free. I can't install anything :-/

I could use a keychain USB disk, but the machine has only USB 1, so external disk is terribly slow. And I had already deleted all "rubbish" that previous users had left, like games or downloaded music, compressed everything (it is ntfs): that's why I had 2 GiB free. Now I don't.

No joy at all :-(

- -- Cheers,