Re: [opensuse-testing] RC1 nearing
  • From: "Günther J. Niederwimmer" <gjn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:17:38 +0200
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 13. Juni 2010 13:12:27 schrieb Bernhard M. Wiedemann:
Hello fellow testers,

according to http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap , RC1 is going to be
released in 4 days.
My automated install tests showed all 4 main install-methods
(DVD,NET,KDE,GNOME) working on both 32 and 64 bit... but only on
hardware emulated by KVM. Also application tests were rather limited.

So if you have a spare partition or computer, you could try to install
any of the current (Build0669+) isos and report major bugs ASAP via
http://bugs.opensuse.org
to ensure a smooth experience for the less technical RC1 testers.

You can get isos from
http://download.opensuse.org/factory/iso/
DVD isos at my server:
http://mirror.zq1.de/opensuse/factory/iso/

On my system Intel DX58SO it is possible the first time to install openSUSE
11.3M7 ;)

But i lost the DVD after reconfigure the PartitionTable !!

I have to eject and reload the DVD then the installation is working ?

A other problem after this, I have bad search noises from my DVD Writer an
have to wait any time ?

Known Problems ?

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,