Re: [opensuse-project] Re: What's the latest on the strategy discussion?
  • From: Thomas Thym <thomas.thym@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 00:27:23 +0100

On Thursday 11 November 2010 20:28:35 wrote Kim Leyendecker:
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:27:17 +0000, Matt Gray wrote:

"Opensuse aims to enable professional users by becoming the number one
portal for the development, distribution, and use of linux software."

How do we define a "professional user"?

ie, is a professional user a:

* Computing professional
* IT person
* Enterprise user
* Advanced home user (and if so, how do we define "advanced"?)

I think a professional user is that all. But the Enterprise User can use
SUSE Linux Enterprise. That´s not the "problem" of openSUSE. I think he
means an advanced user. In my eyes, this is a user who can install software
via the terminal, know how Linux works and maybe who can write code in C.

Regards,

kdl