[opensuse-project] Re: Why I wont use the forums
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:45:45 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 09:26:39 +0200, DenverD wrote:

I think it's a lot easier to pick the right group when you've only got
9-10 lines of text, each the name of a forum.

you should have heard the cries and screams when the forum front page
(forums.opensuse.org) was redesigned a few months back to make it more
like your 'easy'..

the typical forum user wants the jumble of info as it is today..

I don't know that the anecdotal evidence we have from the discussions
that took place when we started tweaking the layout is the 'typical'
user. It's always dangerous to assume that the 'loudest' complainers are
the 'typical' user and then to make decisions after making that
assumption.

There were a few people who were quite loud about it; there were several
then who were less loud about it, but said that they liked it or
suggested minor tweaks to it. The vast majority didn't participate in
the discussion, which could be for a variety of reasons.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson