Re: [opensuse-project] Naming: openSUSE Medical Team
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:08:37 +0000
2009/11/16 Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>:
On Nov 14, 09 20:06:28 -0600, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
"openSUSE Health" sounds a lot more appropriate.
Or "openSUSE Healthcare" perhaps

first, openSUSE Healthcare also came to my mind. But it is still unclear,
if this cares for the health of openSUSE, or is something else.

openSUSE Medical Team is actually a fantastic marketing name.  It
implies positively that we're all in this together and that openSUSE is
a part of YOUR team.

But... with that comes certain expectations with regards to quality of
oSMT, as dependable, reliable, and stellar in most scenarios.  Can you
deliver on those expectations?  There's certainly a lot of implied
weight to that name.

oSMT is an unfortunate abbreviation for openSUSE Medical Team.
SMT is a Novell product and stands for Subscription Management Tool.

Let me throw one more suggestion into the pool:
openSUSE Medical Project (oSMP)

Like that even if it's rather dull :)

The problem for me (native Englist speaker) is that "OS Medical Team"
sounds like the ppl that you see if you come down with a fever, or
require bandages...