Re: [opensuse-project] I propose a packagers meeting
  • From: "Stephen Shaw" <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 09:18:17 -0600

Michal Marek wrote:
[...]
But in both cases a mail to opensuse-packaging "Is anyone working on
XYZ" would have worked as well, right? I'm not saying a regular
packagers meeting is a bad idea, but I think to avoid duplicate
packaging work, there are better means of coordination that having to
wait six days till the next meeting ;).

Agreed, I don't think it would be useful for that purpose.
While it might be a good idea, although I'm not sure what we'd talk
about :), we'd rather need some proper web application for
- - managing a wishlist
- - have packagers take items from the wishlist
(and no, not the wiki)

These are some good points. Maybe this is something we could discuss
in a meeting, even if a 1 time only meeting :) With openSUSE becoming
more a community distribution it might be good to have a regular
packaging channel?

Thanks,
Stephen Shaw
Proud 2008 openSUSE Board Candidate