Re: [opensuse-packaging] Trouble with the neededforbuild macro
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:21:39 +0100
Jules Colding wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build an evolution-brutus (e-b) RPM in OpenSUSE 10.2.
>
> A few additional packages are required for e-b to build in OpenSUSE as
> opposed to Fedora for which the spec file is originally developed. The
> additional packages are:

I am adding comments to particular requirements. It does not affects
comments from other sub-threads:

> mDNSResponder-lib
False dependency. In some moment in past, dependency chain was broken
somewhere and mDNSResponder-lib was added to packages, where it should
be included implicitly. Fot 10.3 it will be replaced by avahi.

You can also look to GNOME:STABLE or GNOME:UNSTABLE for %if %
suse_version dependency branching.

> lsb
Probably part of the base system.

> gnome-common

May be needed for autoreconf, otherwise false dependency.

> libidl-devel

No idea. Again may be false dependency or bad implicit chain.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer