Re: [opensuse-marketing] 11.5 vs. 12.0
On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Kim Leyendecker
<kimleyendecker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
03/07/2011 jdd wrote:

Now that 11.4 is done and nearly out, we can think of the future.

Okay, let us think of the future..... After the whole discussion about the
11.4 vs 12.0 topic in the end of the development cycle for the done release,
I think it´s better to talk on it now and make clear which goals we want
achieve with the successor of 11.4. I don´t want to call it 11.5 or 12.0,
just the "successor" till the version number is clear.

For this, I have two ideas here:

Eight months after the 11.4 release, we´ve got November 2011. So, the
release maybe can be called *12*, because 2011 is a linux celebration year
(1991-2011, twenty years). If we use this tactic, we have to release it on
the 17th September, because Linux 0.01 was released on the same date.

Or we say, 11.5 is the logical, evolutionaly and not revolutionary successor
of 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3 and 11.4 so it called *11.5*

So far with the version game for marketing:

What´s the technology way we want do for the 11.4 successor?

Maybe....

* improvement of the LibreOffice integration
* stable version of Firefox into the standard DVD/live CDs
* KDE 4.x and GNOME 2.x _and_ GNOME 3.x
* Unity?
* Linux 2.6.xx

so far, I know some people are very busy with the 11.4 release, and for
them, I beg you to keep this thread in mind for the time *after* the 11.4
release, but if you can answer, if you have the time, do it now!

thanks

openSUSE Ambassador
http://www.suseusers.de.vu