Re: [opensuse-kde] New phonon release, tells us not to use xine
  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:05:33 -0500
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/27/2011 06:44 PM, todd rme wrote:
What is needed for that is a dedicated developer willing
maintain the xine phonon backend itself.

I just read the blog from your link and then looked through some of the
comments and replies and imho I detect malice towards xine and a
recklessness for vlc and pulse audio.
Dave P

Do you have specific comments in particular? I see nothing that
indicates "malice towards xine" or "recklessness for vlc and pulse
audio". They do mention that pulseaudio provides some capabilities
that are not possible otherwise, but I would not call this

xine phonon backend builds from phonon, makes me wonder why they blame
xine for the problem.

What makes you think "they blame xine for the problem"? I have seen
nothing to indicate this. As I keep saying, they simply don't have
enough time to maintain three backends. I don't see them blaming xine
for anything.