Re: [opensuse-kde] New phonon release, tells us not to use xine
  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:05:33 -0500
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/27/2011 06:44 PM, todd rme wrote:
What is needed for that is a dedicated developer willing
maintain the xine phonon backend itself.

I just read the blog from your link and then looked through some of the
comments and replies and imho I detect malice towards xine and a
recklessness for vlc and pulse audio.
Regards
Dave P

Do you have specific comments in particular? I see nothing that
indicates "malice towards xine" or "recklessness for vlc and pulse
audio". They do mention that pulseaudio provides some capabilities
that are not possible otherwise, but I would not call this
"recklessness".

xine phonon backend builds from phonon, makes me wonder why they blame
xine for the problem.

What makes you think "they blame xine for the problem"? I have seen
nothing to indicate this. As I keep saying, they simply don't have
enough time to maintain three backends. I don't see them blaming xine
for anything.

-Todd