Re: [opensuse-kde] What is KDE 4.4 missing? (Was: Factory KDE3 repo)
  • From: Per Osbäck <per@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 11:26:02 +0200
torsdag 08 april 2010 08.29.11 skrev Alvise:
Don't know if it was implemented in 4.4 or 4.5

but in kde 3.5 we have kprinter and we can drap & drop file to it to
print them directly without opening the application. It was a great
feature to print in one shot multiple files. ( This mimic the same
behaviour as osx & windows )

I've never find a way to do this in 4x version.

The whole printing is a regression in SC4 vs KDE3:

there is some work done here;
http://dantti.wordpress.com/2010/03/15/printprogress/
not sure what it will provide and when.

- it is not possible to save user-defined defaults
- the parameters are not passed to cups (at least reverse printing and
margin sizes) - an icon or something indicating the status of the job
might also be useful

Thanks