KDE 3.4 Niggles
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:37:09 -0800
Hi,

Having solved my system notification sounds problem (thanks to Leen
Meyer) and my mail authentification problem (thanks to Sven
Burmeister), I'm now on to dealing with some more minor issues.

To wit:

1) Marching desktop icons. Every time I log in my icons creep around.
One row moves many pixels down. Other icons move a little. This is
apart from the bug (now quite old) that causes all icons to march
upward on each restart of KDE or, I'm now noticing, every time the
taskbar is hid (slid to the right) or unhid.

2) An alternate desktop image flashes on the screen momentarily before
being overwritten by the one I configured (a dynamic image that's
updated ever 15 minutes using a custom cover script for xplanet).

Number (1) is really bugging me. Number (2) is quite minor.

Has anybody else witnessed these symptoms? Does anyone know what's up
and how I might resolve or work around them?

Thank.

Randall Schulz

< Previous Next >