Re: [suse-kde] KDE 3.4 Niggles
  • From: Colin Pinkney <suse-kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:55:19 +0000
On Sunday 20 Mar 2005 17:22, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> For me, rebuilding the arts packages from source (and installing those
> locally built packages) solved my sound problems.
>
> This apparently has not been sufficient to solve the broken system
> sounds for everyone who has the symptom.

Under Control Center->Sound & Multimedia->System Notifications->Player
Settings, the KDE sound system volume has to be set at 100% too. I recompiled
and reinstalled arts from the source RPM too, but it was only after I set
this volume to 100% that it started working again.

The only sound issue I have now is I get slightly tinny/echo sound from my
right speakers (left are ok), which didn't happen before (I have a SB Live
card with 4 surround speakers + bass). Nothing seems to be set wrong in the
mixer. Are there filters or effects that can be set elsewhere?

--
Colin Pinkney
http://www.cpinkney.org.uk

< Previous Next >