Re: [suse-kde] Help w/ KSmoothDock
  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:04:53 +0100
Am Freitag, 11. Februar 2005 22:38 schrieb Derek | mobileStorm:
> A big fat WTF to you sir.
>
> Just because I am Tech Support Manager doesn't mean that I am an
> expert Linux user.

did i say so?

but because of the fact that you are tech support manager, you should
be aware of at least one of the following facts:

- how support questions are asked (or do yuo like the users who call
and say nothing but "the internet won't print, fix it", then hang
up?)
- that software usually comes with docs that are supposed to be read.

you should at least have checked some instructions on the website for
that tool you try to use. as well, you should have told where you got
the rpm package. as well, you should have checked if the package in
question is even for whichever linux distribution you try to install
it on.

none of the people here is in possession of a magic crystal ball to
figure out what kind of installation you run.

besides, TOFU is generally frowned upon, especially in combination
with fullquotes.

(tofu = text on top, full quote below)

bye,
MH