Re: [suse-kde] import pegasus addressbook?
Ben Rosenberg:

> KMail can not import Pegasus email's format because it's proprietary

Sorry, but I guess this is incorrect and that you missed the point:
- kmail _can_ import Pegasus email-folders (and up to now nobody has been
sued... :->), in adddition Pegasus offers Unix-mailbox-format as an alternative
to its proprietary format.
- the OP asked for an import-filter for address-books
- the inpolite way the OP is treating kmail refers to the usability of kmail. I
don't like the way of her critics but I understand the reason very well. For
someone who has worked with Pmail before kmail has got some
disadvantages and so it would be a move backwards at the moment.

> and if the format is reverse engineered in some cases the developer
> doing the reverse engineering can be jailed under the DMCA. The guy

AFAIK there is no DMCA in NZL. ;)

> who wrote/writes Pegasus is very closed when it comes to such things.
> He refuses to port Pegasus to Linux or to give any information. It's
> not Kmail that's dumb...it's the guy who wrote Pegasus for not opening
> the format so a proper import filter can be written.

He has some doubts about quality of open source products that everyone
who like can read on http://www.pmail.com/sundry/pmlinux.htm and for this
reason the source won't be given to the public.
Unfortunately - because this means that PMail will get uninteresting due to
security reason.

Regards,
Tobias.