Re: [opensuse-gnome] Empathy by default. Again :-)
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:44:16 +0100
Le mardi 16 mars 2010, à 23:07 -0600, Sankar P a écrit :
On 3/17/2010 at 05:49 AM, in message
<1268785184.13816.4.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Magnus Boman
<captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Since there were no objections to this, lets make Empathy default now.

It will be good to provide some migrate-pidgin-logs-to-empathy-format
plugin/app along with it. I have years of chat log which I don't want
to lose. I binged a bit and found so many suggestions (from ubuntu
forums, some upstream bugs etc.) I however couldn't try out any
solution to figure out what is the best :(

The logger part of empathy will read pidgin logs in the future (I don't
think it's doing it right now). So there would be no need for migration.